It’s one matter to have a residential plumbing problem; it’s another if it has to do with your commercial plumbing. The latter can affect your business efficiency and compromise your profitability—thereby impacting the bottom line!
Minor plumbing problems, such as when you have to shut your office toilet for an hour or so, may seem trivial and easy to work with. However, it can start being problematic if the plumbing problem can cause business downtime that stretched from a few hours to a few days!
In such instances, you need to get a commercial plumber to work on it as soon as possible. When looking for emergency plumbing in Edmonton for your commercial building, here are four factors to consider:
1) Plumber’s license and insurance
License and insurance are two crucial assets a legitimate plumber should possess. While there may be skilled workers without these, you will put your business’ plumbing at risk by going for someone without the appropriate documentation. Here’s why these two documents are important:
- License: It’s best to work with a licensed plumber to ensure superior quality work and code compliance. As plumbers earn their certification through proper training, you can expect a licensed one to have robust knowledge and skills to help you out. Aside from this, they will know how to comply with all plumbing and building codes.
- Insurance: It’s better to work with a commercial plumber with liability insurance. Should there be inevitable accidents during the plumbing work, you won’t be held legally and financially liable.
2) Plumbing Estimates and Service Rate
When looking for a commercial plumber, you have to know if they charge for estimates and understand how their service rates are. Consider the following:
- Plumbing estimates: Some plumbing companies charge for the mere inspection of your commercial property through what we call “trip charges.” They already ask for the assessment fee before they give you an estimate of the actual plumbing work.
- Service rates: Commercial plumbers can either charge you by the hour or set a flat rate. Be sure to get detailed quotes to see what’s included and how much they are. That way, you can avoid unnecessary charges.
3) Experience and Expertise
When searching for the right commercial plumber, you have to know how long they have been in the industry and their level of expertise.
- Track record of experience: It’s best to ask for their portfolio to see their industry experience and what services they rendered in the past. Be sure to check online reviews or contact previous clients to verify your chosen plumber’s work quality.
- Level of expertise: It’s also necessary to know their areas of specialization, as far as plumbing is concerned. The chances are that they are more inclined to work on residential properties. You need a plumber who’s well-acquainted with the plumbing system of a commercial property to ensure proper repairs are done.
4) Warranty Policy
The last but not the least is the warranty policy, which is your way of assuring you get the best of what you’ll pay for. It sometimes happens that issues may arise even after plumbing repairs are performed. If your hired plumbing company offers a warranty, you can have them fix the problem within a specified timeframe. That said, always check the fine print and what the warranty policy covers.
Getting the right commercial plumber can be pretty straightforward. All it takes is to consider the following crucial factors—license and insurance, estimates and service rate, experience and expertise, and warranty policy. With all these variables in mind, you’ll get the best plumber who can perform your commercial plumbing work quickly, efficiently, and effectively. Your plumbing system will soon be in good shape and working condition, ensuring your business is up and running without a hitch!
If you’re looking for emergency plumbing services in Edmonton, then Soul Mechanical is your best bet. We provide Edmonton-based HVAC and plumbing services for both commercial and residential properties. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help!